Quick Links and Information
Scholarship Application Noyce Scholar Profiles Noyce Faculty Profiles NJ-PTAG Events & Resources
Noyce Evaluation Resources Physics Ed. Research @TCNJ Physics Teacher Shortage Contact Us
Program Highlights and Opportunities
- Full tuition scholarships available for junior and senior TCNJ students pursuing physics teacher certification
- 7 full scholarships awarded each year, recipients commit to teach in a high-need school for 2 years
- Continuing mentoring in career placement and early-career work
- Prestigious national recognition as an NSF/Noyce Scholar
- Lots of real-world opportunities: practice teaching in local classrooms and travel to national conferences
- Commitment-free opportunities to try out science teaching as freshman & sophomores
- Work 1 to 1 with dedicated faculty mentors doing real science research & share cutting-edge research with young students
How to apply
- Using Common Application, select “Physics-Secondary Education (or Physics)” as primary program of study
- Scholarship applications will be accepted each spring for current TCNJ sophomores and juniors
TCNJ Summer Teaching Exploration Program for Undergraduate Physics (STEP-UP) STEP-UP Summer Program
This 3-week program for rising sophomores and juniors with at least one semester of physics at TCNJ is designed to give students an opportunity to experience how exciting and rewarding a career in physics education can be, especially for those who’ve never thought about it before!
New Jersey Physics Teacher Advisory Group (NJ-PTAG) NJ-PTAG Events & Resources
The NJ-PTAG is an initiative of TCNJ’s NSF-funded Robert Noyce Physics Teacher Education Scholarship Program. This new regional network for physics teachers serves to promote new collaborations, sharing of physics-teaching ideas, and mentoring in support of early-career physics teachers. Membership – which is FREE – is open to all practicing high school physics teachers and mentors in the region, prospective physics teachers at TCNJ and other NJ colleges, and physics teacher education faculty at TCNJ and other NJ colleges. Our inaugural meeting was held on June 6, 2018. We plan to continue holding NJ-PTAG meetings at least twice per year. Please contact Melissa Chessler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive information about future events.
We want to hear from you!
Tell us about yourself…ask for details…take a tour…come check out our planetarium…look at the stars through our telescope…use our new electron microscope…sit in on a class…meet a professor!
Please contact us anytime:
Dr. Nate Magee, email@example.com
Noyce Project Summer Internship Programs and Outcomes – Summary Table