- Full tuition scholarships available for junior and senior students pursuing physics teacher certification
- 7 full scholarships awarded each year, recipients commit to teach in a high-need school for 2 years
- Continuing mentoring in career placement and early-career work
- Prestigious national recognition as an NSF/Noyce Scholar
- Lots of real-world opportunities: practice teaching in local classrooms and travel to national conferences
- Commitment-free opportunities to try out science teaching as freshman & sophomores
- Work 1 to 1 with dedicated faculty mentors doing real science research & share cutting-edge research with young students
How to apply
- Using Common Application, select “Physics-Secondary Education (or Physics)” as primary program of study
- Scholarship applications will be accepted each spring for current TCNJ sophomores and juniors
TCNJ Summer Teaching Exploration Program for Undergraduate Physics (STEP-UP) (Click on the photo to learn more.)
New Jersey Physics Teacher Advisory Group (NJ-PTAG)
The NJ-PTAG is an initiative of TCNJ’s NSF-funded Robert Noyce Physics Teacher Education Scholarship Program. This new regional network for physics teachers serves to promote new collaborations, sharing of physics-teaching ideas, and mentoring in support of early-career physics teachers. Membership is open to all practicing high school physics teachers and mentors in the region, prospective physics teachers at TCNJ and other NJ colleges, and physics teacher education faculty at TCNJ and other NJ colleges. Our inaugural meeting was held on June 6, 2018. We plan to continue holding NJ-PTAG meetings at least twice per year. Please contact Melissa Chessler at email@example.com if you would like to receive information about future events.
We want to hear from you!
Tell us about yourself…ask for details…take a tour…come check out our planetarium…look at the stars through our telescope…use our new electron microscope…sit in on a class…meet a professor!
Please contact us anytime:
Dr. Nate Magee, firstname.lastname@example.org